The all-new 2024 Toyota Tacoma represents a significant update in the mid-size pickup truck segment, aiming to set a new standard for modern trucks. Toyota has completely redesigned and reimagined the Tacoma for the 2024 model year, focusing on its rich history of quality, durability, and reliability while incorporating modern tech, rugged styling, and enhanced capability.
Key highlights of the 2024 Toyota Tacoma:
- Redesigned from the Ground Up: The 2024 Tacoma is built on the TNGA-F global truck platform, shared with models like the Tundra, Sequoia, and Land Cruiser. It features a high-strength boxed steel-ladder frame and numerous off-road-friendly features.
- Improved Suspension: The new generation Tacoma offers a fully redesigned coil spring multi-link rear suspension, enhancing both on- and off-road ride and handling.
- Powertrain Options: The Tacoma diversifies its powertrain choices with two options. The turbocharged i-FORCE 2.4-liter engine produces up to 278 horsepower and 317 lb.-ft. of torque. The i-FORCE MAX hybrid combines the 2.4-liter engine with an electric motor, delivering up to 326 horsepower and 465 lb.-ft. of torque, the most in its class.
- Availability: The 2024 i-FORCE Tacomas are expected to arrive at dealerships in December 2023, with i-FORCE MAX models arriving in the spring of 2024. The starting Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is $31,500.
- Homegrown Adventure: The design of the 2024 Tacoma emphasizes its role as a “badass adventure machine,” with inspiration drawn from Toyota’s Baja race trucks. It features a high lift, big tires, slim body, and a powerful athletic stance.
- Off-Road Capability: Tacoma’s off-road capabilities have been taken to the next level, including features like an available front stabilizer bar disconnect system, increased articulation, and multiple off-road armor options.
- Tech and Connectivity: The Tacoma comes equipped with a range of technology features, including an 8-inch or available 14-inch multimedia touchscreen with wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility. It also offers wireless charging, USB-C ports, a 12.3-inch digital gauge cluster, and a JBL audio system.
- Smart Towing: Tacoma offers a maximum towing capacity of 6,500 lbs and enhanced towing features, such as a trailer brake controller, Tow/Haul drive mode, Trailer Back Up Guidance, and more.
- Bed Improvements: The truck bed has been improved with increased volume, storage options, and a lightweight yet strong Sheet-Molded Compound (SMC) construction. It also features a power open and close tailgate, AC inverter outlets, and a bed view camera.
- Safety Features: All 2024 Tacoma models come standard with Toyota Safety Sense 3.0, a suite of active safety and convenience systems, including features like Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Departure Alert, Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, and more.
- Variety of Grades: Tacoma will be offered in various grades and configurations, including the new two-door XtraCab option with a focus on utility and storage space.
- Color Options: A diverse color palette is available, including unique options like Supersonic Red, Terra (exclusive to TRD Pro), and others.
The 2024 Toyota Tacoma aims to combine its legendary off-road capabilities with modern technology and comfort, catering to a wide range of adventure-seeking truck enthusiasts. With a complete redesign and a focus on innovation, it’s set to be a notable addition to the mid-size pickup truck market.