The year 2020 was unlike any other as an economic recession temporarily crippled auto sales. However, financing deals on new cars and heightened demand for affordable used cars led to car purchases for many consumers.
What vehicles were the most popular among American drivers? And how did results vary in cities and states across the country? The new iSeeCars study looked at 12.9 million vehicle sales for 2020 to find out.
The full study examined:
- Most popular new and used cars by city
- Most popular new and used cars by state
Other Key Findings Include:
- The Ford F-150 is the best-selling used car in 31 of the top 50 metro areas and in 39 of 50 states.
- Ford F-150 is the most popular new vehicle in 25 of the largest metro areas and in 22 states.
- Other top cars that make the list are popular sedans and compact SUVs.