People are keeping their cars longer than ever before thanks to rising new car prices and the improved reliability of today’s vehicles. However, a new iSeeCars analysis finds that some cars are kept for far longer than others.
On average, people keep their new cars for 6-7 years. But which vehicles are most often kept by original owners for double this average for 15+ years?
To find out, iSeeCars analyzed over 660,000 cars to determine which models are most likely kept by owners for 15 years or more.
|Top 10 Vehicles Owners Keep for 15 Years or Longer|
|Rank||Vehicle||% 15+-Year-Old Cars Kept by Original Owners||Compared to Average|
Key findings include:
- Toyota Prius is the vehicle most owners keep for 15+ years, 2.2x more than the average car
- The top 10 longest-kept cars are exclusively Japanese models led by Toyota
- Longest-kept cars are from Toyota, Honda, and Subaru
As part of the comprehensive study, iSeeCars also analyzed the following:
- Analysis by vehicle type: SUVs, pickup trucks, and sports cars
- How likely the most popular vehicles in the U.S. are kept for 15 years
- Which car brands are kept by their owners for 15 years?
The full study can be found here.