The all-new 2021 Envision strengthens Buick’s premium SUV-only lineup, with more of the design, connectivity and safety features that resonate with today’s highly-discerning customers.
Along with the recent launch of the Encore GX, the new Envision will help to expand Buick’s reach in the fast-growing compact SUV segment.
“The all-new 2021 Envision is a tremendous opportunity for the brand,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president, Global Buick and GMC. “With strong, differentiated designs, and a combination of advanced technologies and premium appointments, it will stand apart in one of the industry’s most competitive segments.”
Building on the success of the previous generation, the new Envision is lower and wider, with proportions and styling that combine the expressiveness of a car with the practicality of an SUV. And, for the first time, the new Envision offers customers unique and distinct personas, including Sport Touring and Avenir.
Additional highlights include:
- Buick Driver Confidence Plus package: A suite of nine standard advanced safety and driver assistance technologies, including Forward Collision Alert1, Front Pedestrian Braking1 and Rear Park Assist1
- Next-generation Buick infotainment system2 with the brand’s first available 10.2-inch-diagonal color touchscreen
- Available Amazon Alexa integration3, along with wireless Apple CarPlay10 and Android Auto11
- A 2.0L Turbo engine and nine-speed automatic transmission with electronic shift control
- Available all-wheel drive with electronically controlled twin-clutch operation
- Available Continuous Damping Control suspension
- Hands-free programmable power liftgate, standard on Essence and Avenir and available on Preferred
The 2021 Envision displays contemporary styling that is the most expressive of Buick’s sculptural design language.
“The new Envision has a more athletic presence that is full of character,” said Helen Emsley, executive director, Global Buick and GMC Design.
The three trims – Preferred, Essence and Avenir – each incorporate specific design features. The Preferred and Essence trims have an available Sport Touring package that embodies a more agile appearance with darkened exterior touches and 20-inch wheels with a darkened finish.
All models feature LED headlamps and taillamps and daytime running light signatures, as well as a welcome/walkaway lighting animation, which activates when using the key fob.
Envision designers had one overriding objective with the new SUV’s interior: Provide customers with a sense of reward in their everyday driving.
“The new Envision’s cabin is welcoming, with a comfortable and premium environment intended to make the driver and passengers feel like every excursion is an occasion,” said Rob Cameron, design manager, Global Buick and GMC. “All of the elements are designed to celebrate what customers use the most on their drives today.”
At the heart of the Envision’s new interior is its driver-centric instrument panel, which is tilted toward the driver for a better, clearer view. The panel blends technology and convenience, including Buick’s first available 10.2-inch-diagonal infotainment2 touchscreen.
The interior also features an all-new, versatile center console that incorporates:
- Electronic Precision Shift. Rather than a conventional mechanical shift lever, this electronic system uses electric push/pull buttons, which not only amplify the Envision’s technology quotient, but also free up space under the console.
- Dual-wing center armrest. Popular with owners of the previous model, the split-center armrest returns to allow access to the under-armrest storage compartment without disturbing the resting elbow of the other front-seat passenger.
- Covered storage compartment below the instrument panel. Its retractable cover allows hidden storage of valuables. In equipped vehicles, it is the home for the available Wireless Charging4 pad, along with an SD card slot, accessory outlet and USB5 ports.
Five-passenger seating is standard, with the 60/40-split second row featuring the capability to fold flat with the cargo floor, for a virtually seamless transition with the seatbacks and a minimal gap between them. Slotting in between the smaller Encore and Encore GX and the larger Enclave, the Envision has 52.7 cubic feet6 of cargo space behind the first-row seats and 25.2 cubic feet6 behind the second-row seats.
A range of seating appointments, in light and dark color themes, are available, including perforated leather on Essence. Heated front seats are standard on Essence and available on Preferred.
Additional interior features include:
- Heated steering wheel is standard on Essence and Avenir, and available on Preferred
- Air ionizer7 is standard on Essence and Avenir, and available on Preferred. Research shows Americans spend approximately 10 hours a week7 in the car. With the introduction of an Air Quality Indicator, a first for Buick in the U.S., the air ionizer provides customers with peace of mind, enabling them to monitor the quality of the cabin’s air
- QuietTuning is standard on all trims – including active noise cancellation and strategically placed acoustic materials
- Rear Seat Reminder8 is standard on all trims
- Panoramic power moonroof is available on Essence and Avenir
Infotainment and connectivity
The 2021 Envision will also offer Buick’s first available 10.2-inch-diagonal touchscreen infotainment system2, and includes in-vehicle apps9, such as available Alexa Built-in3, as well as Buick-exclusive apps – Reese’s Book Club (curated by Reese Witherspoon) and NCAA March Madness. Wireless charging4, wireless Apple CarPlay10 and Android Auto11 are also offered.
Safety and driver assistance features1
The new Envision is purposefully contented with standard and available active safety and driver assistance technologies designed to help monitor the vehicle’s surroundings and alert the driver to potential hazards — and, in some cases, take action to help avoid a threat.
The Buick Driver Confidence Plus package offers nine standard active safety features, including:
- Automatic Emergency Braking1
- Front Pedestrian Braking1
- Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning1
- Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert1
- Forward Collision Alert1
- Following Distance Indicator1
- IntelliBeam, auto high beams1
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert1
- Rear Park Assist1
Additional available driver assistance technologies include HD Surround Vision, Enhanced Automatic Parking Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Head-up Display and more.
The Avenir is Buick’s ultimate expression of refinement and is now being offered on the Envision for the first time.
The Envision Avenir is distinguished by an exclusive mesh grille design, with tinted chrome trim and unique 20-inch wheels with a Pearl Nickel finish.
Additional standard features include:
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Diamond-perforated quilted leather-appointed seats
- Driver’s seat massage feature
- Heated rear outboard seats
- Wireless smartphone charging4
Performance and propulsion
The new Envision’s propulsion and chassis/suspension details include:
- A 2.0L Turbo I-4 engine rated at 228 horsepower (170 kW) and 258 lb-ft of torque (350 Nm); and featuring direct injection and Stop/Start technology
- Nine-speed automatic transmission with electronic shift control
- Available all-wheel drive with electronically controlled twin-clutch operation
- Standard four-wheel-disc brake system, StabiliTrak stability control with traction control, and electronic grade braking
- On-demand, selectable drive modes, including Tour, Snow/Ice and Sport on FWD models and Tour, AWD, Off-road and Sport on AWD models
- Hill Descent Control is standard with AWD models
- MacPherson strut front suspension and five-link independent rear suspension
- Electric power steering
- Continuous Damping Control electronically controlled real-time damping system is available on Avenir
- Standard 18-inch wheels and available 20-inch wheels
On sale now
The all-new 2021 Buick Envision is on sale now, with a starting MSRP of $32,995 (including destination, excluding tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment).