Is this really the end of Top Gear USA? Yes and no.
Here’s what Rutledge Wood wrote on his Instagram account:
I’m very sad to say, but Tuesday night’s #TopGear on @History is the last TG US that we have shot for you. I’m not saying Top Gear USA is done, but it’s done for the immediate future on @History . I remember the day that I got the phone call to ask if I’d be interested in talking to one of the producers about possibly being one of the hosts of the US’s version of the world’s most iconic car show. It’s been an amazing ride for sure, and although I don’t think the show is done, it appears that it’s done with our friends at History, and we’re incredibly grateful for being a part of the A&E Networks family. I have had so much fun with Tanner and Adam, they really are like brothers to me. We’ve traveled this amazing country and to some of the coolest places on earth together, and even in the hardest moments, it’s been a total dream come true. The three of us will stick together and hope to bring you much more Top Gear USA, albeit it somewhere else it appears. To the FANS- we cannot say enough how much we truly appreciate each and every one of you. You have always been there for us in great numbers, and we really do love you all. You are the reason shows like ours exist, and you’re also the reason we’ve been so lucky to do this show for so long together. We never dreamed how many families would sit and watch our show and laugh together. We never knew how many couples would sit and watch three goofballs go out and try to make each other laugh. And yet, you all watched…and you told other people and shared in the joy. To everyone who worked on TGUS- thank you. For everything. You’re our family and you’re the reason we got to do this for so many years together. So here’s a toast to all of you out there. I hope you’ll watch Tuesday night and enjoy the last show we made for you. We took a trip of a lifetime down to Cuba and drove classic American cars from the 50’s down there, and I can tell you it’s one of the coolest things we have ever done together. Cheers and lots of love, Rutledge.
The comments are pouring in:
- callily02This just ruined my morning! I look forward to watching every Tuesday and seeing what shenanigans you guys are are up, not to mention @adamferrara‘s classic one-liners! I will miss you all truly, it’s sad that this specific channel had to cancel the shows that are truly#family centered and that we can sit and watch with the entire family. Hope another network grabs this soon because the concept is great and it’s a hoot to watch! Best of luck to all of you guys!
- r_boxall@__hilary 😥
- lolyrana55😭😭😭😭 you’re talking like it’s the last season. And no Thank you guys for such entertaining show and I truly wasn’t that fan of cars but after watching the show I became geek completely with cars and I mean it and now I’m seeking to buy my very first car ever and I’m 21 damn it I know too late but god’s wish love you guts so much and keep up the good work ❤😍😘
- dabombstromI will miss the show– but luckily we have reruns. I really hope another station picks you guys up!!
- callum_parnell13No:( you guys are 10x better than the new British top gear. The show was getting better and better. Hope you find another channel
- dylan.durbinIs there an estimated time on when you’ll be back???
- jimmygottiWow…..that stinks I hope someone picks ya’ll up to continue making an amazing show
- jeff_wellz@cstumbroski booooo
- haresplitter2000Top Gear US is soooooo much better then the “new” Top Gear they came up with. You guys actually had chemistry together and always looked like you were having a great time! Hope a network like Velocity picks you guys up! You guys are great.
- johnmark85This makes me so sad… Top Gear USA forever!!
- srascTop Gear US definitely found its own in my opinion and I think History is losing out by (apparently) dropping it.
- brenner31This is my 6 year old sons favorite show to watch with me. He watches the new episodes over and over again. Really hope this show gets revived on another network soon.
- chrisricciNooooooooo so bummed!@maverickk__ hopefully they get picked up by another network
- vinnyminBummer. Hope the show finds a new home.
- dieselfamWell that sucks! Hope another channel picks the show up.
- scotth1220This show is too good for another network (or streaming service) to pass it up.
- tokoyKeep this page for updates then so us fans would know what’s next. Thanks for the great show. My kids love you guys.
- sergio_perez24I think your show is great I like to watch best one so far was the muscle cars the desert in Vegas. You think the show will ever do a match up of utvs in the desert Can-Am Polaris Kawasaki Antarctica
- cucosilHope you guys are able to keep it going for a long time, my son and I love your show. Keep up the good work Rut.
- unityeltWhaaaat 😣 we’ll miss you guys.
- robbilodeauHope to see the show picked up soon!
- whitten96What a shame. I actually really enjoyed the show.
- whitten96Screw this…actually.@rutledgewood et al, let’s just do a show here in Atlanta where we sneak peaks at all the unique and rare cars hiding in people’s garages, crash car shows to show off new or about to be release vehicles and generally pal around the country checking out all of the different car shows and the associated rare gems that pop up. I vote YouTube channel for this.
- moreless85My favorite show on tv…smh@history
- reece992What the hell… noooo
- bobbyaxrlrod22@rutledgewood the show got cancelled cause you and the other guy are idiots!!! Tanner is the only cool one on the show. Your story lines suck so it was only a matter of time til u got cancelled. We car enthusiast only want to see cool cars and real drivers like tanner. You and that other idiot totally ruined the show. I won’t blame u for the gay episodes that aired, I guess that’s the producers fault. Anyway 🖕🏻👈🏻
- kimberlymccuneWe love Top Gear USA and we love you guys!!!! Fingers crossed that another channel picks up the show!@History what a loss of a great show!#TopGear
- boodraxDude, if Drew Carey is still allowed to host “The Price is Right”, y’all shouldn’t get cancelled.
- maurovelzqzMy 11 yr old son grew up watching the show with me and learned from the show about cars and his love for cars grew as well. We will miss your show it was great and we loved your sarcasm and sense of humor Thank you Rutledge
You can follow Everyman Driver on our Instagram account anytime. We’re not going anywhere!
Wanna support the production of our weekly videos! Sure ya do! We’d appreciate it!!!