Introduced just last year, the award-winning Mitsubishi Outlander – a recipient of last year’s Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s (IIHS) highest “Top Safety Pick+” safety rating – gains a bounty of thoughtful design and feature improvements for the 2015 model year.
Moreover, with a starting MSRP of only $23,195, the 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander compact crossover features standard 7-passenger seating and is one of the most fuel-efficient CUVs available in North America at an EPA-rated 31 mpg highway (ES and SE FWD models).
- New upper front grille design, front/rear silver lower bumper trim, wheel arch trim, chrome-accented fog light bezel (all models)
- Standard FUSE Hands-Free Link System® with USB port and Bluetooth® hands-free phone system (all models)
- Standard leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob (all models)
- Improved sound insulation for reduced noise, vibration and harshness; improved suspension tuning and CVT calibration (NVH) (all models)
- New contrast stitching on fabric seating surfaces (ES model)
- New leatherette/fabric combination seating surfaces (SE & GT models)
- New black roof rails (SE models with Premium or Touring Package)
- New 18-in. alloy wheel design, LED taillights (GT models)
- New silver roof rails (GT models with Premium or Touring Package)
Along with a long list of standard safety features, the stylish 2015 Outlander is available with a trifecta of advanced safety technologies including Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Forward Collision Mitigation (FCM) and Lane Departure Warning (LDW).
Power is provided by either a fuel-efficient 166 bhp MIVEC 2.4-liter 4-cylinder/CVT transmission (ES & SE models) or by a workhorse 224 bhp 3.0-liter V-6/6-speed automatic transmission (GT model).
The 2015 Outlander is available with front-wheel drive (ES) or Mitsubishi Motors’ outstanding Super All-Wheel Control (S-AWC) all-wheel drive system (SE & GT models).
New standard features on all 2015 Outlanders include FUSE Hands-Free Link System® and leather-wrapped steering wheel/shift knob.
Safety, style, refinement, fuel efficiency, capable performance – plus a host of welcome design and feature improvements for the new model year at a very attainable price point – help make the 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander perhaps the best overall vehicle value in its class.
RELATED: OFF-ROAD TEST DRIVE PLAYLIST
VIDEO BELOW: Snowy Off-Road Review: 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander GT on Everyman Driver with Dave Erickson
VIDEO BELOW: 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander OFF-ROAD Review
VIDEO BELOW: 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Detailed Review
VIDEO BELOW: New SUV Off-Road Review: 2015 Acura MDX AWD on Everyman Driver with Dave Erickson.
VIDEO BELOW: Muddy Off-Road Drive and Review of the 2015 Mazda CX-5 AWD on Everyman Driver with Dave Erickson.
Wanna support the show and the production of our weekly videos? Donate $5 a month (recurring payment) CLICK HERE.
CONNECT with the EVERYMAN DRIVER NETWORK:
CLICK HERE — Subscribe & Listen on iTunes
CLICK HERE — Subscribe & Listen on Stitcher
CLICK HERE – Subscribe to Everyman Driver Car Reviews on Youtube
CLICK HERE – Subscribe to the Everyman Driver Video Blog on Youtube
CLICK HERE – Join Everyman Driver on Facebook
CLICK HERE — Follow Everyman Driver on Twitter