A big adventure is no small feat. And Kona packs plenty of style and versatility in its compact SUV body. Plus it gives you the confidence to experience more with intelligent safety features that look out for you. So be spontaneous and keep exploring this great, wonderful world. Kona is ready to go. Here’s a nice bonus: For those long, adventurous trips, Driver Attention Warning helps you stay focused on the road by monitoring your driving habits. If it detects drowsy or inattentive driving, it alerts you with a sound cue coupled with a warning message on the instrument panel.
*New, Limited Production Kona Night Edition Features a Stylish Blackout Treatment for 2021; available in September.
Pros & Cons
- Optional turbocharged engine provides quick acceleration
- Nimble handling makes it enjoyable to drive
- Lots of features for your money
- Weak base engine
- Gear shifts from the turbocharged engine’s transmission are often unrefined
- Interior is trimmed with a lot of hard plastic panels
MSRP Range $20,300 – $29,450.
The 2019 Hyundai Kona was named the 2019 North American Utility Vehicle of the Year. That’s pretty impressive. Here’s my drive and review of that model.