Mitsubishi’s stylish and renowned Lancer compact sports sedan enters 2016 with a number of key design and feature improvements to set it apart from the pack. Exterior enhancements include fresh new front end exterior design, new alloy wheel designs and brand new exterior paint colors.
New value-oriented models have been added to the Lancer line-up for the new model year, including a reconfigured Lancer ES and new SEL trim level, both available with a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine and the brand’s exceptional All Wheel Control (AWC) all-wheel drive system, which provides enhanced performance and tractability. Additionally, the entry-level Lancer ES model now boasts the most comprehensive standard equipment and features package ever included and all CVT models come equipped with a new generation CVT8 that improves both performance and fuel economy.
The 2016 Mitsubishi Lancer comes equipped with the following standard features:
- New front center console
- New interior seating fabric
- FUSE Hands-Free Link System® with Bluetooth® technology and USB port
- AM/FM/CD/MP3 audio system with 140-watt speakers
- Color LCD multi-information display
- Soft-touch instrument panel and door trim
- 6-way adjustable driver’s seat
- Automatic air condition climate control
- Steering wheel mounted audio, cruise control and Bluetooth® switches
- Cruise control
- Power windows with driver’s automatic down/up feature
- Power door locks
- Remote keyless entry with panic feature
- 60/40 split folding rear seat
- Tilt-adjustable steering column
- Remote trunk and fuel lid release lever
- High-contrast gauge meters
- New front fascia/chrome grille
- Automatic on/off headlights
- Fog lights
- Heated side view mirrors with turn indicators
- LED daytime running lights (DRLs)
- Auto-off halogen headlights
- Side air dams
- Color-keyed outer door handles
- Colors: New Diamond White Pearl, New Alloy Silver, Tarmac Black, Octane Blue, Rally Red, Mercury Gray
- Advanced seven (7) air bag SRS system including driver’s side knee air bag, dual-stage front air bags with occupant seat position sensors, front seat mounted side-impact air bags and front and rear curtain side air bags
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Active Stability Control (ASC) with Traction Control Logic (TCL)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Engine immobilizer anti-theft security alarm system
- Mitsubishi Motors’ patented Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution (RISE) safety cell body construction
- Fully transferable 5-year/60,000 mile new vehicle limited warranty
- 10-year/100,000 mile powertrain limited warranty
- 7-year/100,000 mile anti-corrosion perforation limited warranty
- 5-year/unlimited mile roadside assistance
Bold New Exterior
The 2016 Lancer features a fresh and bold new signature design for the front fascia/grille section.
Additional updates for the 2016 Lancer include 16″ or all-new 18″ alloy wheels, new LED daytime running lights (DRLs), a new chrome beltline trim and a choice of two new paint colors: New Diamond White Pearl and Alloy Silver, in all models.
The Lancer receives a number of key design and/or feature improvements to its interior for the new model year. All models now feature a redesigned front center console complete with a convenient USB port as well as an improved new display audio system. The optional navigation system has been redesigned and includes a new reconfigured display screen. The Lancer ES and SE models now come standard with improved fabric seats and gloss black trim.
Next-Generation Continuously-Variable Transmission (CVT)
Consumers choosing to upgrade their 2016 Lancer model’s powertrain will experience improved fuel efficiency, smoother operation, reduced noise and better acceleration and shift performance from Mitsubishi’s latest generation continuously-variable transmission (CVT). The next-generation CVT transmission is a standard feature on the 2016 Lancer ES, SE and SEL AWC models that include Mitsubishi’s outstanding and highly capable All-Wheel Control (AWC) all-wheel drive system.
Increased Standards and Value
Mitsubishi vehicles have a well-deserved reputation in the eyes of automotive consumers for delivering exceptional reliability, safety and value for decades in the North American marketplace. For the 2016 model year, Mitsubishi adds to its reputation with the introduction of the value-priced Lancer ES – the most comprehensive standard equipment package to ever be included on an entry-level Mitsubishi Lancer.
The 2016 Lancer ES now features 16-in. alloy wheels, FUSE Hands-Free Link System® for voice-activated audio and cell phone controls, automatic air condition climate control, color LCD multi-infomation display and fog lights with LED daytime running lights (DRLs).
In addition to the standard equipment package, the 2016 Lancer ES is now available with a new Sun & Sound package (CVT only) that includes a power glass sunroof, rearview camera, a 6.1″ display audio system with HD Radio®, SIRIUSXM® satellite radio with 3-month subscription and a 710-watt Rockford Fosgate® premium sound system with nine speakers including 10-in. dual-voice coil subwoofer with Punch Control®, DTS® Neural Surround, PremiDIA-WIDE surround, and Dolby® Volume.
Mitsubishi’s Standard of Safety/Warranty Excellence
An Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) “Top Safety Pick” for seven straight model years (2009 through 2015), every 2016 Lancer model comes standard with a long list of safety features/technologies in every vehicle. These items include anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA); Active Stability Control (ASC) with Traction Control Logic (TCL); Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS); a seven (7) air bag Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) including driver’s knee air bag, dual-stage front air bags, front seat mounted side-impact air bags and front and rear curtain side air bags and Mitsubishi Motors advanced Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution (RISE) safety body construction system that absorbs energy to help provide protection to the vehicle’s occupants.
Additional piece of mind is offered by the brand’s industry-leading warranty that includes a fully transferable 5-year/60,000 mile new vehicle limited warranty; 10-year/100,000 mile powertrain limited warranty; 7-year/100,000 mile anti-corrosion perforation limited warranty and a 5-year/unlimited mile roadside assistance.
Wanna support the production of our weekly videos! Sure ya do! We’d appreciate it!!!