Chevrolet’s iconic people and cargo haulers begin a new chapter today with the introduction of the all-new 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe and Suburban. Each has been redesigned to be the ultimate SUV – offering the most interior space of any SUV, exclusive technologies and features, and the best driving dynamics in the full-size segment.
In the video below, Carlos Lago takes you on the road in the newly redesigned 2021 Chevy Suburban. In this video, he’ll explore a 4WD High Country trim level that’s equipped with the 6.2-liter V8. Does the added length, upgraded rear suspension and additional new features make this large Chevrolet SUV the best family hauler for sale today? Watch and find out.
This was achieved through a complete transformation of Chevrolet’s full-size SUVs, combining the strongest aspects of its new full-size truck architecture with entirely new systems tailored to the needs of today’s SUV drivers and passengers. These changes result in:
- Class-leading interior space:
- Sixty-six percent more cargo room behind the third row for Tahoe, and 19 percent more maximum cargo space behind the first row for Suburban – both best-in-class
- Ten additional inches (254 mm) of third-row legroom for Tahoe
- Dramatically improved driving dynamics:
- The most advanced suspension in the segment, with an independent rear suspension paired with available Magnetic Ride Control and first-in-class Air Ride Adaptive Suspension
- New Air Ride Adaptive Suspension offers load leveling at all four corners of the vehicle, and up to 4 inches (102 mm) of ride-height adjustment
- An entirely new SUV-specific interior offering up to five display screens in total:
- Standard 10-inch (254 mm) diagonal central color touchscreen, the largest in its segment
- Available 8-inch (203 mm) diagonal instrument cluster
- Available 15-inch (381 mm) Head-Up Display, which no competitor offers
- Available dual 12.6-inch (320 mm) diagonal rear-seat LCD displays, part of the segment’s most advanced rear-seat media system
- Thirty safety and driver convenience features, highlighted by standard Automatic Emergency Braking1 and new features, including HD Surround Vision¹ and Rear Pedestrian Alert1
- Technologies to optimize performance and efficiency, including:
- All-new 3.0L Duramax turbo-diesel engine, delivering an unprecedented combination of refinement, performance and efficiency
- Updated V-8 engines with Dynamic Fuel Management, including the available 6.2L V-8 offering best-in-class 420 horsepower
- Standard 10-speed automatic transmission for all engines with push-button electronic shift
- Best-in-class nine camera views and new trailering features designed to help improve the driver’s experience and confidence, including trailer profiles, trailer tire pressure/temperature monitoring and Side Blind Zone Alert1 for trailering
“With an increasing number of SUVs on the market, we knew the all-new Tahoe and Suburban needed to reach higher than ever,” said Tim Herrick, vice president, global product programs. “We transformed Tahoe and Suburban to offer all-new technologies and features and deliver a better driving experience, while staying true to the versatility and capability that have earned people’s trust for generations.”
The 2021 Tahoe and Suburban go on sale in mid-2020 in North America, joining the new Silverado and Silverado HD to completely redesign Chevrolet’s full-size truck and SUV lineup within 24 months.