Rated as an Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) as a “Top Safety Pick” and manufactured at Mitsubishi Motors North America’s plant in Normal, Illinois, the 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander (starting MSRP of $19,595) offers dynamic styling and excellent value in the 5-passenger compact crossover segment.
New for 2015: More Powerful Outlander Sport 2.4 ES and GT
New to the 2015 Outlander Sport model lineup are the 2.4 ES and 2.4 GT trim levels that are powered by a larger displacement 2.4-liter MIVEC 4-cylinder engine that produces 20 more horsepower (168 bhp) over the standard 2.0-liter engine’s output. 2WD fuel economy ratings are 23 mpg city/28 mpg highway/25 mpg combined. 4WD fuel economy rating is 23 mpg city / 26 mpg highway / 24 mpg combined.
In addition to the more powerful engine, the 2.4 ES includes a distinctive looking black center bumper with the package, while the 2.4 GT adds a power driver’s seat, outside mirrors with LED turn indicators, aluminum pedals, leather-wrapped parking brake handle, black roof rails.
Other New for 2015 design/feature updates include:
- Next-generation continuously variable transmission (CVT)
- Carbon audio panel trim (2.0 ES, 2.4 ES model)
- Stylish-looking LED running lights (2.0 SE , 2.4 GT model)
- High-gloss piano black with silver accent audio panel trim (2.0 SE, 2.4 GT)
- Thicker front door window glass for improved sound insulation (all models)
- Next-generation fuel-saving Electric Power Steering (all models)
- Rear quarter panel sound insulation for reduced road noise (all models)
- Relocated heated front seat switchgear for easier accessibility (2.0 SE, 2.4 GT)
The 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport comes equipped with the following standard features:
- Air conditioning with pollen filter
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
- Soft-touch instrument panel trim
- 4 speaker 140-watt AM/FM/CD/MP3 audio system
- Electric Power Steering (EPS)
- 60/40 split folding and reclining high-back rear seats with armrest and cup holder
- Remote keyless entry with panic feature
- Center room lamp
- High-contrast gauge meters with full-color LCD Multi-Information Display
- FUSE Hands-Free Link System® w/USB port
- Tilt and telescopic steering wheel
- 6-way manually adjustable driver’s seat
- Power door locks and side view mirrors
- Power windows with driver’s one-touch up/down
- Steering-wheel mounted audio and cruise control
- Two 12-volt power outlets
- Chrome grille surround
- 18-in. alloy wheels
- Roof carrier plug-in accommodation
- Heated outside mirrors
- Rear intermittent wiper
- Advanced 7 air bag SRS system including driver’s knee air bag, dual-stage front air bags with driver’s seat position sensors, front seat mounted side-impact air bags and curtain side air bags
- Hill Start Assist (HSA)
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Active Stability Control (ASC) with Traction Control Logic (TCL)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Engine immobilizer anti-theft system
- Anti-theft security alarm system
- Collapsible steering column and foldaway brake pedal assembly
- Mitsubishi Motors’ patented Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution (RISE) safety cell body construction
- Fully transferable 5-year/60,000 mile new vehicle limited warranty
- 10-year/100,000 powertrain limited warranty
- 7-year/100,000-mile anti-corrosion perforation limited warranty
- 5-year/unlimited mile roadside assistance
Platform and Drivetrain – Sublime Engineering
A poised, comfortable ride and excellent maneuverability are always assured, thanks to the 2015 Outlander Sport’s well-engineered suspension system that consists of MacPherson struts with stabilizer bar up front and a multi-link set-up with stabilizer bar at the rear of the vehicle.
Moreover, for the 2015 model year, the capable MIVEC variable valve-timing-equipped 148 horsepower DOHC 2.0-liter-based drivetrain receives numerous design and engineering enhancements.
Performance gets a boost from a next-generation continuously-variable transmission that now mimics a 7-speed automatic transmission. Not only does it provide better response, performance from a standing start, and a more unified feeling of acceleration, 2015 Outlander Sport models equipped with this CVT unit benefit from improved fuel economy at an estimated 25 mpg city/32 mpg highway/28 mpg combined (2.0-liter engine/2WD models) and 24 mpg city/30 mpg highway/27 mpg combined (2.0-liter engine/4WD models)*, making the 2015 Outlander Sport one of the most fuel-efficient vehicles in its class.
Other changes under the hood of the 2015 Outlander Sport include the fitment of a smaller oil pump and reduced oil volume through the implementation of low viscosity engine oil.
Beyond the engine compartment, Mitsubishi Motors’ handsome 5-passenger compact crossover/SUV features an aerodynamically- efficient low-drag exterior body design that helps to contribute to fuel efficiency, as do other gas-saving technologies including a helpful ECO (CVT-equipped models) or a gearshift indicator light (5-speed manual-equipped vehicles) that lets the driver know when they are driving at their most efficient, along with a more efficient Electric Power Steering (EPS) system that helps reduce fuel consumption by eliminating the parasitic drag on the engine that comes from a conventional hydraulically-assisted power steering.
Additional design improvements for the 2015 model year Outlander Sport include thicker front door glass and new sound insulation for the rear quarter panel section of the vehicle, leading to a reduction in the level of noise, vibration and/or harshness (NVH) experienced by the vehicle’s occupants.
Wanna support the production of our weekly videos! Sure ya do! We’d appreciate it.