The 2015 GMC Yukon lineup delivers greater capability and greater refinement through new and enhanced chassis and suspension systems. A fully boxed frame – composed of more than 75 percent high-strength steel – supports a quiet and controlled ride. New shear-style body mounts attached to the frame significantly improve stiffness and contribute to the Yukon’s smooth ride.
Compared with previous models, the driving experience of the new SUVs is further enhanced with:
- Wider rear track that contributes to a more planted stance
- Wheels that are a half-inch wider, reducing tire flex, for improved cornering performance
- New, electric variable-assist power steering system enhances fuel economy and tailors steering assist to vehicle speed
- New 9.5-inch rear axle and standard automatic locking rear differential
- Standard StabiliTrak electronic stability control, tow/haul mode, trailer sway control, auto grade braking and hill start assist
- New four-wheel-disc brake system with Duralife™ brake rotors that offer up to double the service life, along with brake pedal revisions that improve pedal feel for stronger-feeling, more confident braking performance
- Denali models include third-generation magnetic ride control, a real-time damping system that delivers more precise body motion control by “reading” the road every millisecond and changing damping in just five milliseconds.
Video Below: New Full-Size SUV Review: 2015 GMC Yukon on Everyman Driver
New and enhanced product highlights across the 2015 Yukon lineup include:
- Fold-flat second- and third-row seats that enhance cargo capability and convenience – including an available power-folding feature
- Easier entry/exit
- All-new cargo management system
- Available power rear liftgate with multiple programmable height settings
- Available hands-free liftgate operation (standard on Denali)
- Available wireless phone charging (standard on Denali)
- Standard eight-inch-diagonal color touch screen radio with enhanced IntelliLink and available navigation
- Eight-inch-diagonal customizable driver display with three available user themes and available head-up display (Denali models)
- Multiple USB ports, an SD slot and accessory power outlets – including a 110-volt three-prong outlet – to support electronic devices of all kinds
- Available Blu-ray/DVD rear-seat entertainment system with dual screens on Yukon XL
- Conversation mirror in the overhead console that provides a panoramic view of the rear seats
- Available keyless entry and push-button start.
When it comes to safety, the Yukon lineup incorporates new technologies to help protect the driver and passengers before, during and after a collision. They include a forward radar system and the segment’s only Front Center Air Bag (models with front bucket seats), which deploys from the inboard side of the driver’s seat and inflates between the driver and front passenger, providing added protection for both front occupants in side-impact crashes.
Wanna support the show and the production of our weekly videos? Donate $5 a month (recurring payment) CLICK HERE.
CONNECT with the EVERYMAN DRIVER NETWORK:
CLICK HERE — Subscribe & Listen on iTunes
CLICK HERE — Subscribe & Listen on Stitcher
CLICK HERE – Subscribe to Everyman Driver Car Reviews on Youtube
CLICK HERE – Subscribe to the Everyman Driver Video Blog on Youtube
CLICK HERE – Join Everyman Driver on Facebook
CLICK HERE — Follow Everyman Driver on Twitter