With its affordable price (starting MSRP of only $17,195), seating for five, rally-inspired driving dynamics, cutting-edge user technology, advanced safety features, excellent reliability, attractive styling inside and out and a fun-to-drive nature, the Lancer compact sports sedan has long been one of Mitsubishi Motors’ best-selling vehicles.
For the 2014 model year, a good thing gets even better as the Mitsubishi Lancer receives a variety of welcome new standard and available features that include:
- New audio system (standard on Lancer ES)
- New 6.1-in. touchscreen display audio system (standard on Lancer SE AWC, GT & Ralliart)
- New MMCS navigation system with 7-in. high-definition touch panel, voice command, 3D mapping, point-of-interest information, real-time traffic, and Mapcare® including two updates (available on Lancer GT & Ralliart)
- New HD Radio® (standard on Lancer SE AWC, GT & Ralliart)
- New SIRIUSXM® satellite radio with 3-month subscription (standard on Lancer SE AWC & GT)
- New rearview camera (standard on Lancer SE AWC, GT & Ralliart)
- New upgrade seating surface fabric (standard on Lancer ES & SE)
- New seats and seating surface fabric (standard on Lancer GT)
- New 5-spoke 16-in. alloy wheel design (standard on Lancer SE AWC)
- New stylish gloss black interior decoration panel (standard on Lancer GT & Ralliart)
Powering the well-equipped entry-level 2014 Lancer ES is the company’s proven 2.0-liter DOHC 4-cylinder engine with Mitsubishi Innovative Valve Timing Electronic Control (MIVEC) producing 148 horsepower. A precise short-throw 5-speed manual transmission makes shifting a pleasure while an available continuously-variable transmission (CVT) offers the convenience of automatic transmission-like operation with improved fuel economy. The CVT-equipped Lancer ES achieves a lofty EPA rating of 34 mpg on the highway.
Though low in price, the Lancer ES model packs a great deal of welcome amenities into a handsome 4-door at a very sensible price point. Included at no additional cost to the consumer are the aforementioned new audio system, along with such welcome features as air conditioning; remote keyless entry; auto-off halogen headlights; anti-theft engine immobilizer; power door locks and windows with driver-side auto down; and eye-catching exterior design elements including a chrome grille surround, sculpted side air dams and clear and black taillights.
Below, Melissa, the Everywoman Driver gives you her thoughts and driving impressions after spending a full week with the 2014 Mitsubishi Lance SE AWD.
Support the Everyman Driver Team with a virtual ‘Gas Card’ via Paypal below:
CONNECT WITH EVERYMAN DRIVER NETWORK:
CLICK HERE — Subscribe & Listen on iTunes
CLICK HERE – Subscribe & Listen on Stitcher
CLICK HERE – Subscribe to Everyman Driver on Youtube
CLICK HERE – Subscribe to the EMD News Channel on Youtube
CLICK HERE – Subscribe to Everywoman Driver on Youtube
CLICK HERE – Follow Everyman Driver on Pinterest
CLICK HERE – Join Everyman Driver on Facebook
CLICK HERE – Follow Everyman Driver on Twitter
EMD Podcast Hotline: 858-848-1846
Email us at EverymanDriver@Gmail.com.