The Land Rover Defender has been cast as forbidden fruit for a lot of off-road enthusiasts. There was a brief moment in the 1990s when Land Rover officially sold them in the U.S., but crash test standards quickly put an end to importation. Either despite — or because of — its rarity, the Defender has enjoyed cult-like status here. Now it’s been reborn with the arrival of the 2020 Defender. But will the faithful like this kindler, gentler Defender?
MSRP Range: $49,900 – $80,900
- Pros & Cons & What’s New:
- Strong off-road capabilities
- Wealth of customization options
- High-tech safety and off-road features
- Options can get pricey
- All-new Defender model
- Two-door and four-door configurations available
- Available seven-passenger seating
- Kicks off the second Defender generation introduced for 2020
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW TO LEARN MORE!