Twenty-one years after the last Supra vacated American dealerships, Toyota has unveiled an all-new model. The 2020 Toyota GR Supra is a two-seater sports car designed to take on such luminaries as the Audi TT and Porsche Cayman, and it’s engineered with more than a little help from BMW. Peel back the bespoke bodywork, and you’ll discover the guts of the new 2019 BMW Z4, including its engine and gearbox. The new Supra is thus a curious mix of German and Japanese parentage.
The GR stands for Gazoo Racing, a motorsports-influenced signature for specialty vehicles that Toyota CEO Akio Toyoda has had personal involvement in developing. Its addition to the Supra moniker means this car is important not just to fans but to the company as well.
MSRP Starting at$49,990
- WHAT’S NEW:
- The Toyota GR Supra is all-new
- Kicks off the fifth Supra generation introduced for 2020
Pros & Cons
- Turbocharged six-cylinder engine makes ample power and sounds great
- Nimble and lively handling
- Plenty of performance for the money
- Not much cabin storage space for s
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW TO SEE AND LEARN MORE