Today’s three-row family crossover Pathfinder shares nothing but a name with the original issue model, but it’s still a capable SUV in other ways. It’s one of the few three-row SUVs that can tow up to 6,000 pounds regardless of trim level, thanks to a torque-rich 3.5-liter V6 engine. Only the Dodge Durango is rated for heavier towing. All Pathfinders also offer optional all-wheel drive.
The 2020 Nissan Pathfinder remains a solid jack-of-all-trades SUV with plenty of capability and passenger room and an easy driving demeanor. If you can sacrifice some towing capability, however, there are better choices. The Ford Explorer, Kia Telluride and Volkswagen Atlas all start around the same price and can tow 5,000 pounds or more. The aforementioned Durango is also worth a look.
MSRP Starting at $31,980
Pros & Cons
- V6 engine delivers strong acceleration with decent fuel economy
- Third-row seating is easy to access
- Robust towing capacity
- Automatic emergency braking and rear parking sensors are standard on every trim level
- Cargo capacity is below average
- Offers less roomy third-row space than some rivals
- The top trim’s ride quality may be too firm for some drivers
WATCH MY VIDEO BELOW TO SEE AND LEARN MORE!
SHOP FOR YOUR NEXT NEW CAR OR SUV – CLICK THE FORM BELOW