The Mitsubishi Outlander Sport entered the 2016 model year with a revamped exterior and a number of interior improvements. Most noticeably, the exterior receives Mitsubishi’s new “Dynamic Shield” front design concept. New 18-inch alloy wheel design, lip wheel moldings and power folding side door mirrors with turn indicator lamps contribute to the sleek new design. New for 2017: Standard shark fin antenna, Standard automatic climate control and Upgraded interior seat fabric (ES).
In 2016, the interior appeal was bolstered with a new steering wheel, new interior seat fabrics, improved 6.1″ Display Audio System and new auto-dimming rearview mirror with Homelink®.
The Mitsubishi Outlander Sport comes equipped with the following standard features:
- New leather-wrapped steering wheel design with tilt and telescopic steering wheel
- New, improved seat materials
- New panel design for air conditioning
- Soft-touch instrument panel trim
- 4 speaker, 140-watt AM/FM/CD/MP3 audio system with steering wheel mounted audio controls
- Electric Power Steering (EPS)
- 60/40 split folding and reclining high-back rear seats with armrest and cup holder
- Remote keyless entry with panic feature
- Color LCD multi-information display
- High contrast meters
- Fuse System
- Rear privacy glass
- Power windows with driver’s one-touch up/down
- New “Dynamic Shield” front design concept
- New wheel lip moldings
- Heated side mirrors with LED indicator
- New 18-inch alloy wheel design
- Colors: Labrador Black, Octane Blue, Mercury Gray, Quartz Brown, Cool Silver, Rally Red and Diamond White Pearl
- Advanced seven (7) air bag SRS system including driver’s side knee air bag, dual-stage front air bags with occupant seat position sensors, front seat mounted side-impact air bags and front and rear curtain side air bags
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Active Stability Control (ASC) with Traction Control Logic (TCL)
- Hill Start Assist
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Engine immobilizer anti-theft security alarm system
- Mitsubishi Motors’ patented Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution (RISE) safety cell body construction
- Fully transferable 5-year/60,000 mile new vehicle limited warranty
- 10-year/100,000 mile powertrain limited warranty
- 7-year/100,000 mile anti-corrosion perforation limited warranty
- 5-year/unlimited mile roadside assistance
Performance and Power
The more powerful 2.4-liter MIVEC 4-cylinder engine is available in all 2016 Outlander Sport models, and comes standard with the SE, SEL and GT trim levels. Also available in each trim level is Mitsubishi’s All-Wheel Control (AWC) System. The continuously-variable transmission (CVT) provides better response, performance and improved fuel economy to keep the Outlander Sport performing at its high standards with optimal fuel economy ratings.
Aside from the powertrain performance, the 2016 model year keeps its aerodynamic, low-drag body design that supports the Outlander Sport’s fuel efficiency. Electric Power Steering (EPS) and front and rear suspension system further adds to the CUV’s high performance level.
Mitsubishi Reliability: Safety Features and Vehicle Warranty
The 2016 Outlander Sport comes equipped with Mitsubishi’s exemplary safety standards including seven (7) air bag Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) comprised of dual front air bags, dual front seat-mounted side-impact air bags, dual side-impact curtain air bags, and a driver’s knee air bag; 4-wheel anti-lock brakes (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist; a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS); and Active Stability Control (ASC) with Traction Control Logic (TCL). Outlander Sport models are equipped with Hill Start Assist (HSA) and an anti-lock braking system with electronic brake force distribution and brake assist.
Additional safety features include anti-theft security alarm system and an anti-theft engine immobilizer. Mitsubishi’s renowned high-tech Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution (RISE) impact-absorbing safety cell technology allows the front and rear body of the vehicle to absorb the impact of collision efficiently to keep the cabin in tact and safe.
Coupled with Mitsubishi’s industry leading powertrain and new vehicle warranty the Outlander Sport proves a safe bet: 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain limited warranty; 5-year/60,000-mile new vehicle limited warranty; 7-year/100,000 mile anti-corrosion/perforation limited warranty; and 5-year/unlimited-mileage roadside assistance program.
You can follow Everyman Driver on our Instagram account.
Wanna support the production of our weekly videos! Sure ya do! We’d appreciate it!!!